deutsch english

A.R.R.C. Forum

Not responding

Help with technical problems

Not responding

Postby Mistaar21 » 23.01.2014, 21:43

Hi

I have recently installed the mod and one major problem appeared on me. I have played Anno 2070 with deep ocean DLC , and I had some saves from that time , after instalation of the mod I thied it´s features in one of my saves. The game worked without problems , but after I was pleased enough by testing in my old save , I have vanted to create new game , after I set up everything as I wanted I have started the map , but in the loading screen the game freezes and stops responding , this happens every time I try to start new game , loading previous saves works fine.
Any suggestions on fixing the problem? Thanks
Mistaar21
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Re: Not responding

Postby FadeToBlack » 23.01.2014, 22:36

If you have installed the map pack and set everything on "Large", there will be a HUGE map with lots of islands (check out "Maps" in the menu on the left of this page). Because it's so huge, it takes a really really long time to load. Go drink a coffee or two, because loading times of 10 minutes or more are common with these huge maps.
If you don't want those huge maps, install A.R.R.C. without the map pack or set the map size to Medium, this should generate a normal sized map.
FadeToBlack
Ingeneur
Ingeneur

Postby Mistaar21 » 23.01.2014, 22:50

Yes I have installed the map pack .. I will try it with small or medium setting an see if it works or not. Thanks for help
Mistaar21
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Postby FadeToBlack » 23.01.2014, 23:08

It works with the big maps, too. You just should let the game finish loading because if you click on the game screen thinking the game has frozen, windows will sometimes tell you that the program is not responding when it is just busy loading. But yeah you should try medium or even small if you don't like the big maps (or they don't load for whatever reason), I am perfectly happy with my medium sized map :)
FadeToBlack
Ingeneur
Ingeneur

Return to Technical problems