deutsch english

A.R.R.C. Forum

Influence Area

All around modding in Anno 2070

Influence Area

Postby Rufus71 » 09.09.2015, 13:30

Is there any way possible to increase the influence area of things like city centres and academies. Even laboratories?
It would be nice to be able to start with many houses in one area instead of adding so many city centres to overlap the influence area.
Thank you!
Rufus71
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Re: Influence Area

Postby Jonas » 09.09.2015, 20:44

Do you know the basics of modding Anno 2070? If no, learn them first.

Then: go to the folder "maindata" in your Anno-folder. Open patch8.rda in RDA-Explorer. Navigate to "Data\config\game\" and open the assets.xml. There you see the Information about every building in the game. Search for the ID of the building you want to change. Change line "<InfluenceRadius>X</InfluenceRadius>" to the amount of radius you like. Save back to the patch8.rda and copy them to your maindata-folder.
MfG Jonas (Fan, Mod u. Tester)

Im Ubisoft-Forum: TheStarjon
Ingame: Starjon

Forenregeln: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4
F.A.Q.: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=211
Jonas

Postby Rufus71 » 13.09.2015, 07:26

Thanks! I will try it and let you know how I went!
Rufus71
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Postby FadeToBlack » 13.09.2015, 17:37

Or, if you don't want to modify the game files / don't know how, there are also the items that you can socket into your warehouse that increase the radius of all activity / information / participation type buildings on an island. If you have a save file with an academy and ark storage enabled, you might want to take them over to a new savegame and socket them.

in case you don't need the sockets otherwise that is.

For more information about those items see this link. All of those items should be researchable in the academy, at least the radius increasing items are.
FadeToBlack
Ingeneur
Ingeneur

Postby Rufus71 » 23.09.2015, 13:41

I was successful thank you for your help.
Rufus71
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Postby hawkera_prime » 22.11.2017, 15:36

Jonas wrote:Do you know the basics of modding Anno 2070? If no, learn them first.

Then: go to the folder "maindata" in your Anno-folder. Open patch8.rda in RDA-Explorer. Navigate to "Data\config\game\" and open the assets.xml. There you see the Information about every building in the game. Search for the ID of the building you want to change. Change line "<InfluenceRadius>X</InfluenceRadius>" to the amount of radius you like. Save back to the patch8.rda and copy them to your maindata-folder.

I tried doing as you said but nothing happened.

I am trying to make the radius of my Hospitals, Police and Fire station basically be unlimited, so it covers the entire island. But after saving and starting my game, nothing has changed, the buildings still have the same radiuses of 22(28 for the fire station). Tried a new game/map, didn't work, tried destroying all buildings and replacing them with new ones, didn't work. Any tips ?

UPDATE : I got it to work, somehow, except for the Hospital, the radius on it still stays 22
Update 2 : Police stations broke, the radius on them went back to 22, fire station works fine with 120 radius...
hawkera_prime
Arbeiter
Arbeiter

Return to Modding